Friday, July 15, 2011

Into the Light




Armed with a roll of Kodak T-Max 400, I ventured out on a few walk-a-bouts. It was my first time shooting with black and white since a photography class in high school. High school was a long time ago so let us just say this was my first roll of black and white. I stepped way outside of my comfort zone, into the unknown, with this roll and why not? What is the fun in doing the same thing over and over?

At any rate, I love the way the light is larger than life in these photos. It comes across natural and true.  The light is overwhelming and almost too much to bear. I thought about the "Allegory of the Cave" and how at first it hurts to step out into unknown. It is often the unknown that we fear and avoid, but it is often in the unknown that we find something spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment